Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cake and Presents

Friday evening we celebrated Lane's b-day with a quiet evening of cake and presents. The fish bowl cake turned out so darling and was relatively easy to make. Lane thought it was so awesome. Just a few quick pictures, I'll try to post more later this week.

All smiles waiting to blow out his candle!!
The boys totally into their squirt guns.
Thank you Uncle Jeremy, Auntie Lisa, and Grant for the nifty John Deere riding lawn mower with accessories.
My "go" at the cupcake pops from the Bakerella site. They are a "major ordeal" to make, but out of this world yummy!! I still have some perfecting to do to be exactly like hers. I took them today to celebrate after meeting with Jay's family. They were a big hit!!


7 comments:

DK Campbell said...

Great job on the cake and cupcakes! I had to scroll down and compare the cupcakes - yours are missing the bikinis!!! :))) Sorry, I couldn't resist! :) Glad y'all had fun!

All American Family said...

You did an awesome job on the cake and cupcakes! Looks like y'all had a great night. I was thinking about y'all and wondering what you were doing to celebrate.

Jeremy and Lisa said...

I love how the cake turned out! The cupcakes sounded so yummy when you were telling me how they were made, that I'll have to try them for some special occasion! Wish we could have been there.

Al and Jill said...

The cake is absolutely adorable!!!
Can't wait until we come in a couple of weeks to celebrate Lane's birthday a little late!
Look out for those squirt guns, Shauna, you will probably be their favorite target!!

Traci K said...

Shauna, the cake is DARLING, and Kari, you are too funny! Happy (belated) birthday to Lane!

ShareandRemember said...

The cake turned out so cute!! Love the pops too, I want to try those sometime. Looks like a fun bday!

BJKK said...

Very cute cake, Shauna. I've liked that one since it was on the cover of the FC magazine. Happy Birthday, Lane!