I know they look really good.........and they are!! We are having breakfast for supper tonight and I've been waiting to make this recipe for about a week! Jay loves cream cheese danishes and I love the fact that they are only 87 calories a piece!!:-) I also used about half Splenda and half sugar, so they are probably even less. Yummy!!
Cream Cheese Danish recipe - 87 calories
Ingredients:1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, diced
2 (10 ounce) cans crescent roll dough
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon sour cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Slice the unrolled crescent roll dough into 1/4 inch slices.
3. Place the dough slices on a cookie sheet and make a slight indention in the middle.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, white sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
5. Add a tablespoon of filling to each roll.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes.
7. In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, butter and milk.
8. After the Danish have cooled, drizzle with the icing.