Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Salsa

I made this recipe yesterday and it is a hit in our house!

Restaurant Style Salsa
from Pioneer Woman

Ingredients

1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
¼ cups Chopped Onion
1 clove Garlic, Minced
1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
¼ teaspoons Sugar
¼ teaspoons Salt
¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin
½ cups Cilantro (more To Taste!)
½ whole Lime Juice


Preparation Instructions
Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like—I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips or cheese nachos.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Yummy! We love salsa also- I'll have to try this one! I had my surgery yesterday and it wasn't too bad util today! I'll have to say you DO need to faithfully stay on your pain meds! And my Mom being here is absolutely necessary for 3 busy boys! So, I' hope you're planning on some help for a few days because walking is painful! :)
Sheila

Us 4 said...

Sheila~ Glad things went well for you! My mom is coming for 4-5 days to help out! I will be on crutches for 2 weeks, are they letting you walk already?? Hope you have a quick recovery!

Herod Happenings said...

This is our favorite!!!