Sunday, September 19, 2010

Joy and Sorrow

The end of August my grandfather passed away. It was truly a weekend of joy and sorrow interwoven. So glad we have a Comforter who meets our every need. Thankful for my grandfather's faithful life and that he can be spared from earthly pain and suffering. It was special to see all of the family and be together for the first time in several years. Below is my grandfather's legacy: 4 children, 10 grandchildren, and 4 great-grandchildren.


The whole Goecke family
My grandmother and her children(left to right: Peggy, Pam, my grandmother, mom, and Greg)

My cousin Egan riding around after the funeral and luncheon still in his full suit!


There was lots of singing, something that my mom's family has done for years, and something my grandfather often requested when we were all together.


Shaylyn and the boys laying around during the singing with Ringo.







No comments: