Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Day in the Kitchen...

I enjoyed being in the kitchen most of the day on Saturday. With it raining outside and a cold winter wind blowing, it was just the thing to do. I made pumpkin bread for the kids to take to their teachers in small bread pans. Then, last night I made a pumpkin roll. This is the first time I have ever made something like this. I found you need about four hands to get the cake from the jelly roll pan to the powdered towel......Ahhh! Luckily, Jay helped me get that accomplished.
Everyone loved it today after lunch!!;) My father-in-law told me since I didn't bring anything for lunch, I didn't need to take anything home. Ha Ha!! Another words, he was keeping what was left of the pumpkin roll, I wasn't taking it back home...he loves it!! Of course, who wouldn't?? I plan to make another before we go to my parents this coming weekend.
Pumpkin Roll

Pumpkin Bread...One of my favorites!;)


This is the basket each of the boys teachers will get. Inside each cute snowman basket is: hand soap from B&B Works, travel size B&B Works body spray and a loaf of pumkin bread. I hope that makes each of them happy!

3 comments:

Traci K said...

Those look sooo good! I'm sure their teachers will love that! Happy travels! Hi to your Mom & Dad!

ShareandRemember said...

The pumpkin roll turned out beautiful! I'm never happy with my jelly rolls. I'm sure the teachers will love their gifts.

BJKK said...

Lucky teachers! Everything looks great. I love to bake too!