Friday, August 15, 2008

Birthday baking.....

for the soon to be 6 year old!! With school starting this week, I am trying to get ahead this weekend by at least baking and freezing the cakes. Lane has chosen this fish bowl cake for his birthday. I am looking forward to making and decorating with the boys using things like Nerds, Fruit by the Foot, chow mein noodles, goldfish, etc. The cupcake pops pictured below I have been wanting to try for sometime. You can find them on www.Bakerella.com or my link on the side. I am not sure if my folks will be here the weekend of his birthday, so we will have two ways to celebrate if they can't!!:) I love doing this type of baking...if I could have the perfect job I would bake and decorate cakes... it is almost theraputic for me!!:)




4 comments:

DSBRansom said...

The fish bowl cake is sooo cute!! Good luck with that, it doesn't look easy. I want to try those cupcake pops too- very neat. Brett's bday is coming right up & have to figure out something as well.

DSBRansom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeremy and Lisa said...

I can't wait to see how they turn out, take pictures! Wish we could be there to help Lane celebrate!

Del, Kari, Kyle and Kolby said...

Those are adorable!! You are quite talented... I enjoy the baking and decorating too but I run out of steam before the end usually or TIME and then have to finish them off too quickly. What a good idea to make the cake a bit ahead of time!